Here To Guide You Through The Uncertainty Of Family Law Matters
Wrestling with legal issues regarding your family can be an emotional roller coaster. At Schepisi & McLaughlin, P.A., in Englewood Cliffs, we understand how taxing the uncertainty of divorce or other family issues can be. We reduce our clients’ anxiety by providing highly knowledgeable legal counsel with an emphasis on clear communication and expedient resolution.
Every one of our family law clients receives our attorneys’ after-hours phone numbers — and for good reason. If you encounter an issue late at night or on a weekend that needs to be addressed immediately, we will be there.
Small-Firm Attention – Large-Firm Experience
Our firm prides itself on combining the legal experience and knowledge that you expect from a larger firm with the personal attention you get from a smaller, boutique firm.
We assist individuals throughout northern New Jersey in the full spectrum of family law concerns, including:
- Divorce – Whether contested or uncontested, simple or complex, we can guide you through the divorce process.
- Child custody and parenting time – We will help protect your time with your children and establish a custody and visitation plan that works for the entire family.
- Child support – New Jersey law sets the guidelines for the financial support of children. We will help you figure out how that applies to your situation.
- Modification of existing orders – As your situation and needs change, you may need to make post-judgment modifications after your divorce.
- Prenuptial agreements – Are you wondering if you may need a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement for your marriage? We can answer your questions.
- Division of marital property and debts – Dividing property such as real estate and retirement assets can be one of the most complicated parts of a divorce.
Just Because We’re Compassionate Doesn’t Mean We Can’t Be Tough
We work to resolve matters as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Often, we help our clients reach agreement on key issues such as child custody or property division without the need to litigate.
Not every case can be settled amicably, however. If a fair agreement cannot be reached, our lawyers are trial-tested. We always advocate aggressively on your behalf, whether it’s during negotiations with opposing counsel or in the courtroom.
Schepisi & McLaughlin, P.A., has served residents of Bergen County and beyond since 1978. We have earned a stellar reputation throughout the legal community in northern New Jersey. We have also established strong relationships with highly regarded forensic accountants, real estate valuators and other professionals who can play an important role in the outcome of your case.
Reach Out To Us Today
Call 201-500-8914 or email us to schedule a phone consultation. We will review the facts of your case and recommend the best course of action.