Silvana D. Raso
Silvana D. Raso heads Schepisi & McLaughlin, P.A.’s family law practice and counsels clients in all phases of matrimonial law including divorce, custody and visitation issues, domestic violence matters, prenuptial agreements, as well as post-judgment and appellate matters. A member of the Firm for more than 17 years, she is a Court-qualified Civil Mediator and handles civil litigation and land use matters.
As a Court-qualified Family Law Mediator, Silvana mediates matters for those who wish to avoid the litigation process and can act as a Parenting Coordinator for families needing assistance with custody and visitation issues.
She graduated cum laude from Syracuse University College of Law with her J.D. and received a B.A. from Trinity University. While at Syracuse, she served as the Notes & Comments Editor for the Journal of International Law and Commerce.
Fluent in Romanian, Silvana is admitted to the bars of the State of New Jersey and New York, U.S. District Court of New Jersey, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals as well as the Southern and Eastern Districts of the U.S. District Courts of New York. She is a member of the New Jersey and Bergen County Bar Associations and a Barrister of the Justice Morris Pashman American Inns of Court.
Silvana has been honored by the Bergen County Board of Chosen Freeholders and Alternatives for Domestic Violence for her work on behalf of victims of domestic violence and continues to volunteer her time representing victims of domestic violence who are unable to afford counsel. She is also a member of the 200 Club of Bergen County and has served as a board member of the Girl Scout Council of Bergen County.
Additionally, Silvana is a frequent commentator in print, broadcast and online media outlets including Fox, ABC, Bloomberg/BusinessWeek, and News 12 discussing business mediation and matrimonial law matters including pre-nuptial agreements and divorce.
- Court Qualified Family Law Mediator
- Court Qualified R.1:40 Mediator
- Court Appointed Law Guardian
- Court Appointed Condemnation Commissioner
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), Bergen County
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, Bergen County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel
- Barrister, Morris Pashman Inns of Court
- Member, Board of Trustees, Girl Scout Council of Bergen County (1995-2000)
- Member, Nominating Committee, Girl Scout Council of Bergen County (2000-2004)